Understanding Your Expectations
Before we meet to talk about selling your home, there are several things to consider that will help both of us to understand what is most important to you in the sale of your home.
- How important is regular communication with your real estate professional?
- What information is important to you?
- How often do you want to be contacted and what is your preferred way of staying in touch?
- Why are you considering selling your property at this time?
- How far along are you in the home selling process? Just exploring the possibility of selling, or definitely committed to putting your home on the market?
- Is there a certain date by which the sale of this property needs closed?
- How flexible are you on this time frame?
- Will you need information or assistance in moving to a new area?
Home Selling Decisions
- Are there any other individuals who will be involved in your property sale decision?
- May we speak to them?
- Do you have specific expectations as to the selling price of your property?
- If so, what do you base the figure on?
- Do you anticipate a certain amount of net proceeds from this sale?
Previous Home Selling Experience
- Have you ever sold a house before?
- If so, how many and how recently?
- What were the most positive features of your previous home selling experiences?
- If you have never sold a house before, what would help to make this a positive experience?
- Were there any unsatisfactory features of your previous home selling experiences that you hope to avoid this time?
- If you are selling your first house, are there any problems or concerns that you are worried about?
- What are your expectations of your real estate professional?
- What specific services and support do you look forward to receiving from you real estate professional?
- What do you feel are the most appealing features of your property?
- What features does this property have that may differentiate it from other similar options?
- What changes or enhancements would you suggest to make your property as salable as possible?
- What do you regard as the most attractive features of the surrounding neighborhood?
- Are you aware of any problems or concerns regarding the property or the neighborhood that will need to be disclosed to prospective buyers?
- Do you have any special terms or conditions regarding the sale of your property that we need to be aware of (e.g. items of personal property to be excluded, etc.)?